Discussion on tips-on-getting-a-game-going-quickly

1 view

rekzkarz

Oct 23, 2008, 4:26:21 AM10/23/08
to troupe berkeley
I'm extremely partial to Prime Time Adventures. I felt it's an
excellent game and can work wonderfully and encorporates some aspects
of shared storytelling and world-design.

My main suggestions to have this game (and most) work really well are:
Players have read the rules, possibly have the book(s).
Players need to be prepared for intensive storytelling.

One player said a game session was like sitting in a 4-hour 'writers
workshop'.

I've seen PTA work for most genres, but unfortunately,
I also saw it implode last time for two reasons, I believe:
characters did not consistently stick to their 'core dramatic issues',
we tried to do time travel and mystery genres together.

But it might also be b/c I ran the game and get too excited.
(Never rule out the factor of a Gamemaster with ADHD!)

PEACE - Ari