More Gemini alcoholics than Libra in the Gauquelin data

Ray Murphy

Apr 20, 2008, 8:07:40 PM4/20/08
to Tropical Astrology Research
Hi All,

This is the 5th graph in a series that shows the consistency of Sun
signs in relation to each other.

Data is for the Gauquelin Alcoholics in the signs Libra and Gemini

[Graph has been uploaded to the Files section of this Google group]
http://tropical-astrology-research.googlegroups.com/web/GAUQ%20ALCOHOL%20LIB%20GEM.gif?gda=oeA-1EkAAAAR4o_U4Mb1ar5u1N08e_lzitqZzdnU3fAfomirM7z51GG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDQDioYKegQT1Br4nAsrQUQ_mYp0_D3zwr8FhqDaAUP12A

Ray

Christopher Kevill

Apr 22, 2008, 11:32:19 AM4/22/08
to tropical-astr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,

What do you make of this? It seems too skewed to consider an
astrological explanation.

Chris

Ray Murphy

Apr 22, 2008, 12:43:38 PM4/22/08
to Tropical Astrology Research
On Apr 23, 12:32 am, "Christopher Kevill"
<christopher.kev...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Ray Murphy <ray...@chariot.net.au>
wrote:

> > Hi All,
>
> > This is the 5th graph in a series that shows the consistency of Sun
> > signs in relation to each other.
>
> > Data is for the Gauquelin Alcoholics in the signs Libra and Gemini
>
> > [Graph has been uploaded to the Files section of this Google group]
http://tropical-astrology-research.googlegroups.com/web/GAUQ%20ALCOHOL%20LIB%20GEM.gif?gda=oeA-1EkAAAAR4o_U4Mb1ar5u1N08e_lzitqZzdnU3fAfomirM7z51GG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDQDioYKegQT1Br4nAsrQUQ_mYp0_D3zwr8FhqDaAUP12A

> Hi Ray,
>
> What do you make of this? It seems too skewed to consider an
> astrological explanation.
>
> Chris

RM: Hi Chris, it's good to see you back in circulation. I'm still
trying to get a handle on this whole series of graphs. It might only
be chance at play for all I know, but as I indicated in an earlier
post I've set out to examine a lot of things from the perspective of
one-to-one instead of one-to-many, in order to be able to get real
results without using the ridiculous amounts of data that are required
to reach the 0.05 level *IF* it exists for any given astro-factor that
I am looking at.

As it's turned out, the idea is working and we've got some clear-cut
things to look at, so I suppose one good question is "How often do
graphs like these occur by chance?" Some would say that it depends on
how many places you look, but in this series of graphs I've looked in
only 7 places and got 7 hits. The Libra-Gemini-Alcoholic thing was not
specially selected -- it was simply the highest and lowest scores
*where* the difference was quite significant.

It would be interesting to look at some similar sidereal things as
well in the near future.

I'm hoping that this unusual way of looking at data will allow us to
see enough to make further progress. Theoretically with this system we
should be able to compare some of the extremes we see in astrology, so
we can compare things that are typically quite different between signs
(or whatever) -- rather than trying to compare one thing with ALL
signs or ALL aspects. An analogy would be comparing Texans and
Canadians in football, rather than Texans against the world. It's
easier to prove the former.

Ray

Ray Murphy

Apr 22, 2008, 1:20:36 PM4/22/08
On Apr 23, 1:43 am, Ray Murphy <ray...@chariot.net.au> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 12:32 am, "Christopher Kevill"<christopher.kev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Ray Murphy <ray...@chariot.net.au>
> wrote:

[.....]

> It would be interesting to look at some similar sidereal things as
> well in the near future.

[Update]

Chris, I've just had a look at this project with Sidereal longitudes
and found that the result is virtually identical - with Virgo and
Taurus replacing Libra and Gemini. The scores were 199 + 105, compared
with 193 and 100 for Tropical.

Ray