Fw: USA Dance Cincinnati July, 2021 Newsletter and July 17 ticket information

mlgo...@juno.com

Jul 13, 2021, 12:36:27 PM7/13/21
to trista...@googlegroups.com

Logo

July Newsletter

Hello, Everyone!

This month, we will have our monthly social event at the Greek Orthodox Church. Yay!

If you want to pre-order your tickets online for this event, click the following link.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/usa-dance-cincinnatis-monthly-social-goc-tickets-161833886511

Also, please take a look at our (updated) tentative schedule below for more details.

Got membership?

If you haven’t already, consider signing up to be a member of USA Dance!

Sign up (or login) using the following link. If you’re new, file under a chapter you are a part of, such as Cincinnati - #2006. If you have an expired USA Dance number, you can renew your membership once you’ve logged in.

https://usadance.org/page/MemberPage

Updates

  1. There are two Music Hall dates: September 18 and December 11.

  2. All of the GOC events for the rest of the year now have their dances, instructors, DJs and pricing posted. We’re still working on our Music Hall events, so stay tuned!

Eventbrite Mechanics

Starting with the social event this month, we will be using Eventbrite to keep track of our event finances. Keeping in compliance with our National Chapter regarding metrics and COVID practices, we are required to at least get the names of people who attend our dances, as well as whether or not they are USA Dance members.

To ensure a smooth check-in process, you can check-in/register for our events in the following ways:

  1. Show up to an event, with cash in hand; you will be asked for your first/last name, and your email address, and optionally for your USA Dance number as we manually input into our system, and a signature for the new waiver we’ll be rolling out. (slow)

  2. Show up to an event, with a credit card; we can process your admissions charge onsite, and we will still need everything, just like #1. (slower)

  3. Pre-order your tickets; do it all in the comfort of your home, and receive a QR code that you can bring to the dance, straight from your email. We’ll scan you in onsite, and you are ready to dance! (fast)

FYI, we will allow full refunds through the Eventbrite system if you pre-order your tickets, but cannot attend.

Simple Reminders

  • For the rest of the year, we will not be providing snacks (water/soft drinks will still be available, however). Feel free to bring your own!

  • When the event is available on Eventbrite, there will be a link after each month/social event in the schedule that you can use to access the event page itself for pre-ordering tickets (and quite possibly at the top of this newsletter too!).

  • Masks will not be required to enter our events, but for those not vaccinated, we strongly recommend wearing one.

Holy Trinity - St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 7000 Winton Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45224

Take a look below for our tentative schedule for the rest of 2021:

July 17

Instructor: Karen Turner
Dance: East Coast Swing
DJ: Josh Parnell

Pre-order link: HERE

Venue: Greek Orthodox Church
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Lesson Starts: 7:00pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Members: $10
Non-members: $15

August 21

Instructor: Mary Ramirez Cook
Dance: Waltz
DJ: Dorsey Napier

Venue: Greek Orthodox Church
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Lesson Starts: 7:00pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Members: $10
Non-members: $15

September 18

DJ: Ed Amrein

Venue: Music Hall
Doors Open: 7:30pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - Midnight

October 16

Instructor: Doug Reynolds
Dance: Night Club
DJ: Terry Cavanaugh

Venue: Greek Orthodox Church
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Lesson Starts: 7:00pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Members: $10
Non-members: $15

November 20

Instructor: Doreen Beatrice
Dance: Foxtrot
DJ: Gary Sogar

Venue: Greek Orthodox Church
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Lesson Starts: 7:00pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Members: $10
Non-members: $15

December 11

Performers: Alyenendrov and Maria Tsorokean

Venue: Music Hall
Doors Open: 7:30pm
Social Dance: 8:00pm - Midnight

One full week before the actual social event, I will send an email to everyone as a reminder of this event. Hope to see you all there!

- Justin, on behalf the Board

Logo

--
Justin Chiou
Secretary | Web Administrator
Justin Chiou
Secretary | Web Administrator
USA Dance Chapter 2006 (Cincinnati, OH)

3135594f-2767-4882-bea4-5f24f506ae72.png?w=150&dpr=2