DE analysis with a genome guided approach

Kishor Kumar Sarker

Apr 14, 2023, 9:45:16 AM4/14/23
to trinityrn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I Hope everyone is doing well. I want to do a DE analysis with a
genome guided approach. I have found the cmdline for individual genome
guided assembly. But cmdline for genome guided assembly using
replicates from different individuals is yet to be found. Can someone
please guide me?

--
With best regards,

Kishor Kumar Sarker

(PhD Researcher)
Lab of Molecular Systematics and Ecology
Faculty of Life Sciences
Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China
Phone: +8618621974360

Brian Haas

Apr 15, 2023, 8:15:59 AM4/15/23
to Kishor Kumar Sarker, trinityrn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kishor,

For genome guided assembly with multiple replicates, just first merge the bams into a single genome aligned bam file (samtools merge should work).  Then use that single bam for the assembly.

best,

~b

Brian J. Haas
The Broad Institute
http://broadinstitute.org/~bhaas

Kishor Kumar Sarker

Dec 27, 2023, 9:17:43 AM12/27/23
to trinityrnaseq-users
Hi,
Does that mean if I have 20 replicates from two treatments, I would need to make 20 individual alignments against the genome, and then I need to start the assembly from a merged bam file?

Brian Haas

Dec 27, 2023, 9:19:02 AM12/27/23
to Kishor Kumar Sarker, trinityrnaseq-users
Yes, align then merge then assemble.

best,

Brian