Trinotate report with empty all columns

Nishant Raj

Dec 26, 2023, 9:00:22 AM12/26/23
to trinityrnaseq-users
Hi all,
I completed all steps of Trinotate annotation successfully, But the generated annotation report was completely empty i.e. only having column names.
I used "./Trinotate --db /home/sunil/Trinotate-Trinotate-v4.0.1/util/admin/Trinotate.sqlite --report > annotation_result.csv" command to generate the report .
My sqlite database, pfam output report and both blast reports are already generated .

Please guide me for the above mentioned problem.

Thanks in advance

Brian Haas

Dec 26, 2023, 2:17:48 PM12/26/23
to Nishant Raj, trinityrnaseq-users
Hi,

This happens when the boilerplate wasn't initialized properly via the Trinotate --create command, or if there some pecularity where the resulting computes weren't imported into the Trinotate sqlite database.

The /home/sunil/Trinotate-Trinotate-v4.0.1/util/admin/Trinotate.sqlite database is usually not the one you use when building your Trinotate database.  Definitely revisit the wiki documentation and start from the beginning if needed.  You can run the example data set through that comes with Trinotate to verify a valid installation.

hope this helps

Brian

Brian J. Haas
The Broad Institute