SJ output too small Variant calling

Janay Fox

Mar 14, 2024, 8:35:31 PMMar 14
to trinityrnaseq-users
Hi,

I am trying to run  the variant calling script but am getting this  error:

EXITING because of fatal error: buffer size for SJ output is too small

Solution: increase input parameter --limitOutSJcollapsed

I have been trying to figure out a way to run the script outside of the Trinity image so that I can add + " --limitOutSJcollapsed 2000000 " which should fix this issue but I am having an issue  with pipeliner being called "Pipeliner" and I am unable to fix the script accordingly. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Best,

Janay

Brian Haas

Mar 15, 2024, 7:48:36 AMMar 15
to Janay Fox, trinityrnaseq-users
Hi Janay,

 You can download the software from github (the full trinity package), modify that STAR command in
trinityrnaseq/Analysis/SuperTranscripts/AllelicVariants/run_variant_calling.py

and then just run it from there. Note, you can run this modified script through the image instead of the one that's installed directly in the image, if that makes sense.

Brian J. Haas
The Broad Institute
http://broadinstitute.org/~bhaas

Janay Fox

Mar 15, 2024, 4:12:30 PMMar 15
to trinityrnaseq-users
Oh great, running the script on the singularity image worked! Thank you so much!