Other DjUGs

1 view

Paul McLanahan

Oct 13, 2009, 6:37:08 PM10/13/09
to Triangle Django Users Group
Hi All,

I've been looking around at some other Django groups that I know of;
most notably the NOVA-DUG in the DC area, and Django-NYC. These groups
don't appear to have a web site as of yet. So it's possible that we
could get some feedback or even help on our site project. I'd suggest
we should make some progress before contacting the groups, but I
thought it was interesting that there doesn't seem to be an effort out
there like ours yet.

The NYC group does however have an awesome logo...

http://groups.google.com/group/django-nyc/files

It's the png file on that page. I contacted Justin Lilly of that group
via Twitter to ask permission for us to use it. I apologize if that
was overstepping, but It's really perfect for us, being just the "dj".
Even if we decide not to use it later, it'll spice up the group site
for now :)

Apart from that stuff, I discovered that the "pages" feature of google
groups is indeed very cool. Not only is it wiki like, but it provides
links to all group messages that refer to the page. A very nice way of
providing info and tracking discussion.

Paul