Fwd: [TriZPUG] TriZPUG November 2009 Meeting: Why MoinMoin?

Tobias McNulty

Nov 19, 2009, 10:26:52 AM11/19/09
to tri...@googlegroups.com
TriZPUG meeting is tonight in Raleigh - hope you can all make it!

Nov 19, 2009, 1:53:02 PM11/19/09
to tri...@googlegroups.com, Triangle (North Carolina) Zope and Python Users Group
BTW, one of our door prizes toinght is a copy of the brand new (this
week) "Matplotlib for Python Developers" book. It has a chapter on using
matplotlib in Django, which is cool. Django + scientific visualization.
For free to some lucky Pythonista. Tonight at TriZPUG. Be there.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall phone: (919) 599-3530

Chris Calloway

Nov 20, 2009, 9:50:01 PM11/20/09
to Josh Johnson, Triangle (North Carolina) Zope and Python Users Group, tri...@googlegroups.com
On 11/19/2009 2:12 PM, Josh Johnson wrote:
> Crap! Is there any way I can call in that automatic door prize Paul
> offered me last week if I'm in Florida? ;)
>
> JJ
>
> p.s.
> I ADORE matplotlib. I used it to write a script that generate SCRUM
> burdown charts :D

Heh. Funny thing. Paul won the prize. And he says he wants to give to you.

After last nights meeting and a lot of discussion concerning how it is
to your advantage (and pythonic) to pick the simplest solution to any
given web problem, I thought I might direct your attention to a
presentation given by Joel Burton at PyCon New Zealand this month. Joel
is a TriZPUG sponsor (door prizes and snacks last night were on him) who
instructs our annual Plone Boot Camp. Joel's talk is entitled "Why
Python Web Frameworks are Changing the Web." Here's the video. You need
the best network connection you can get to watch it (home wireless will
probably look jerky when streamed):

http://blip.tv/file/2820538/

You can follow along with the presentation slides which are not very
visible on the video. Dual monitors help:

http://www.slideshare.net/joelburton/why-python-web-frameworks-are-changing-the-web

Disclaimer: I am (mis)quoted and in the talk and thanked at the end.
There is also a reference to TriZPUGer Chris Rossi's online WSGI
tutorial in the talk.