DjUGS.org

Paul McLanahan

Oct 13, 2009, 7:25:20 PM10/13/09
to Triangle Django Users Group
Hi Again,

Sorry to inundate you with email, but my brain has been focused on
this today for some reason. It'll calm down soon I promise :)

In any case, since I've seen that Django groups are starting to
flourish, and since we've decided to undertake this django-based djug
project, I bought the djugs.org domain as a potential place for a
global resource for Django groups around the world. It could be a
place for leaders of the various Django groups to share and discuss
things about their groups, and it would be a great alternate
deployment for our djug codebase. In a perfect world, we might even
develop the site such that we can host multiple djug sites on ours for
the smaller djugs out there. Perhaps even providing a subdomain
scheme....

triangle.djugs.org
charlotte.djugs.org
atlanta.djugs.org
etc.

That's obviously just me dreaming, but I think if we were to find the
time for something like that, it would be an excellent way to showcase
what we can do, as well as a sizable donation to the django community.
I got the idea from gtugs.org, which is a similar site for promoting
and helping in the formation of google technology users groups. Seems
to be working quite well.

Paul

Tobias McNulty

Oct 13, 2009, 10:54:01 PM10/13/09
to tri...@googlegroups.com
I'm swamped with other stuff ATM, but I love the idea.

--
Tobias McNulty
Caktus Consulting Group, LLC