Component Synchronizer Plan

Alvin Reyes

Mar 3, 2012, 1:01:04 PM3/3/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
I demo'd PowerTools, but didn't realize I didn't have the new work for ComponentSynchronizer, which looks great, Jaime, btw. Thanks for the demo.

Proposal to get us to the Q2 deadline:
  1. Let's merge the ComponentSynchronizer UI parts of Jaime's branch into /Main.
  2. I need a volunteer to outline dummy methods and parameters, possibly in separate files and classes. If not, I'll take a shot at it. Thanks for the approach, Hao.
  3. We'll code and test the parts separately.
I need a yes/no for #1, we'll default to yes by 11-March.
I need a business (systems) analyst (BA) or CME guru to merge wiki pages: 1 and 2, then help with requirements.
I need a developer who's comfortable outlining basic methods and parameters for .js and .svc.

Tell me anything else you'd like to help with and thanks for the great creative work and effort so far. Let me know if anyone's ready to take on the development side--I'll gladly be BA in that case.

Peter Kjaer

Mar 8, 2012, 10:12:52 AM3/8/12
to Tridion PowerTools
I don't see anyone else volunteering, so I'll try to get some work
done on this tool in the coming weekend.

On Mar 3, 7:01 pm, Alvin Reyes <reyes.alv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I demo'd PowerTools, but didn't realize I didn't have the new work for
> ComponentSynchronizer, which looks great, Jaime, btw. Thanks for the demo.
>
> Proposal to get us to the Q2 deadline:
>
>    1. Let's merge<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn-book.html#svn.branchmerge.basi...>the ComponentSynchronizer UI parts of Jaime's branch into /Main.
>    2. I need a volunteer to outline dummy methods and parameters, possibly
>    in separate files and classes. If not, I'll take a shot at it.* Thanks
>    for the approach, Hao.*
>    3. We'll code and test the parts separately.
>
> I need a yes/no for #1, we'll default to yes by 11-March.
> I need a business (systems) analyst (BA) or CME guru to merge wiki pages: 1<http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/ComponentSynch...>and
> 2<http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/ComponentSynch...>, then

Jaime Santos Alcon

Mar 8, 2012, 11:37:26 AM3/8/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, Tridion PowerTools
I will help too. I have a few ideas I would like to share. I am on vacation now, but will contact you when I get back.

JSA

Albert

Mar 18, 2012, 4:45:01 PM3/18/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Do we know who does what for the Component Syncronizer? Wanting to help, but not sure what to do/where to start? Should we work on the branch? And is Hao's approach documented somewhere?

Alvin Reyes

Mar 19, 2012, 9:00:52 AM3/19/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Unless anyone has an update, I believe the next step would be to merge Jaime's latest branch into the trunk. Check the flow, though.

From there we have all the core service  code to do.

Hao's suggestion was to break up the work into manageable parts; we (I) haven't had a chance to do break this up into smaller classes and methods. Only really applies if we have several working on CompSynch at the same time.

Alvin Reyes