Installation error - unable to get installer types

Roland Muts

Apr 11, 2012, 10:58:40 AM4/11/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Stumbled upon this group by accident. Very cool initiative - these tools are always a life saver.

Tried installing it on my mongrel VM; running SQL, running Tridion 2011 GA with a couple of hotfixes, on a 2008 Server R2, but got the following error:

Any ideas what's going on? Is it that this is only compatible with 2011 SP1? I noticed that on another machine i was prompted to install the .net 4.0 runtime package - but not on this machine.

Roland

john winter

Apr 11, 2012, 11:00:09 AM4/11/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Roland,

The tools need 2011 sp1 to work.

Kind regards,

John

rolan...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2012, 11:20:45 AM4/11/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
That explains it ;-)

Thanks, John.

From: john winter <johnw...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:00:09 +0200
Subject: Re: Installation error - unable to get installer types

Alvin Reyes

May 2, 2012, 10:52:12 PM5/2/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, rolan...@gmail.com
The main issue with non-SP1 was the message center. Work around was to comment out some code (or upgrade).

Visit us on FlowDock (free registration required, but can single-sign on with Google or other account) for the details or to keep up with semi-real-time updates.

Cheers

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:20:45 AM UTC-5, Roland Muts wrote:
That explains it ;-)

Thanks, John.

From: john winter
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:00:09 +0200