how to bulk upload files into tridion

jeevan kumar

Mar 1, 2012, 3:25:57 AM3/1/12
to Tridion PowerTools
Hi all,
May i know about any Power tools and related links in tridion which
can bulk select files from our file system and
upload them into tridion environment.

Thank You.
Regards,
Jeevan.

Kunal Shetye

Mar 1, 2012, 3:35:51 AM3/1/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Jeevan,

Could you give us more information for the following questions :

1) Which version of Tridion are you running? (2011 SP1, 2009, R.5)
2) When you say bulk files from your system, are you referring to Multimedia files or Binary files?

Thanks,
Kunal Shetye.

Justin England

Mar 1, 2012, 10:09:46 AM3/1/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com

Frank van Puffelen

Mar 1, 2012, 12:16:00 PM3/1/12
to Tridion PowerTools
The most common way to upload lots of files into Tridion is through
its built-in WebDAV connector.

There is a PowerTool to help with uploading of images too (http://
code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/BatchImageUploader),
but you may want to keep in mind that the PowerTools haven't had an
official release yet.

Alvin Reyes

Mar 2, 2012, 10:40:13 PM3/2/12
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Q2 for that official release, though the BatchImageUploader is fairly safe.

Whether official or not, I'd recommend using PowerTools and any other extension first on a DEV environment to see if it meets your expectations. For bulk imports, consider doing a normal Content Port (to Test, Acceptance, and Production) after getting your files into DEV.