new features (screenshots and fullscreen endpoint)

Ian Johnson

Jul 25, 2013, 4:26:56 AM7/25/13
to trib...@googlegroups.com
i'm super excited to introduce the screenshot button that Geoffrey contributed today!
It lets you take a screenshot with 1 click (in the Config menu). you do have to save the gist for the screenshot to be saved along with it.
it's a quick way to create a little gallery:

also thanks to Kristina for the updated user page!

there is also this special endpoint for sharing things as full screen (and with a minimal ui)
http://tributary.io/s/6076955
just change the /inlet/ part of a normal inlet to an /s/ and it will load fullscreen.
the header could perhaps be styled to be even more minimal, but its a start. your welcome Michael ;)

--
Ian Johnson - 周彦

Evan Bollig

Jul 25, 2013, 4:36:43 AM7/25/13
to Ian Johnson, trib...@googlegroups.com
Slick Geo! I forked and saved a screenshot. I see it in the menu and
in the tributary summary page for my userid. However, I dont see a
full resolution screenshot attached to the gist:
https://gist.github.com/bollig/6077886. Something else to add?

-E
> --

-Evan Bollig
bol...@gmail.com
bol...@scs.fsu.edu

Evan Bollig

Jul 25, 2013, 4:41:36 AM7/25/13
to Ian Johnson, trib...@googlegroups.com
Oh I got it now... Enjalot, you might want to replace all of those
Launch links in the Gist markdown with an image link. The syntax is:

![My Embedded Screenshot](http://i.imgur.com/V7ReKqG.png)

Simple way to get a visual summary of the saves/forks from the Gist.

-E

Chris Viau

Jul 25, 2013, 8:36:05 AM7/25/13
to trib...@googlegroups.com
The new full screen feature makes it way easier to embed Tributary in a blog post: http://blip-clunk.blogspot.ca/2013/07/dru-generateur-de-noms-de-villages.html
Chris

Geoffery Miller

Jul 25, 2013, 11:25:09 AM7/25/13
to trib...@googlegroups.com, Ian Johnson
Glad to finally have a significant addition.  The plugin framework is pretty nice.

Geo

Michael Porath

Jul 25, 2013, 6:34:06 PM7/25/13
to Ian Johnson, trib...@googlegroups.com
HOT DAMN! Thanks so much, Ian!
The fullscreen view is going to be an invaluable tool for me to share prototypes of projects!

Michael Porath - +1 (415) 990 77 94 - http://michaelporath.com

Derek Braid

Jan 9, 2014, 2:13:12 PM1/9/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris, I would also like to embed a Tributary.io  [ src="http://tributary.io/e/8042694" ] into a portfolio page.

I have an HTML document and want to embed the Trib since I am still building out the prototype.  (Back end is through backlift.com (BEaaS))

Could you give me some advice on how I might integrate the above Trib into a standard HTML doc?  Thank you.

Ian Johnson

Jan 9, 2014, 2:34:02 PM1/9/14
to Derek Braid, trib...@googlegroups.com
Derek,
If I understand what you want correctly, you can use an iframe!

<iframe src="http://tributary.io/e/8042694" frameborder=0 width=900 height=500></iframe>
size to fit :)

Message has been deleted

Derek Braid

Jan 9, 2014, 4:10:26 PM1/9/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com, Derek Braid
EDIT:  Not a Tributary issue, but problem specific to Google Chrome (Safari will render iframe content as desired).

Original: Thanks Ian, this solution will add the iframe element into the DOM as desired, but it is empty (the head and body elements have no content).

After checking Console it appears the issue is:

[blocked] The page at 'https://' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://tributary.io/e/8042694': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.
  Thanks for clarifying.