Read from survey.csv into tributary and draw rectangles not working

Leslie Wright

Mar 21, 2014, 2:34:40 PM3/21/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am very new to tributary, and really like the easy real-time development environment.

I am trying to get my own version of a simple previous enjalot inlet working http://tributary.io/inlet/7113193 with my version of survey.csv data.

As a test, I am using the same inlet.js code, just modified to read my survey dataset, and my survey file is also name 'survey.csv'. I am not able to display the linear scale graph in the view window.

an sample from my survey.csv:
time,exp,age,gender,comm,fb,device,computer,net,selfie,first
3/21/2014 10:09,5,32,Male,Text,Occasionally,Smartphone,2,All day,Yes,Get coffee
3/21/2014 10:10,10,42,Female,Chat,Often,Laptop,1,Between 1 and 4 hours,Yes,Check your phone

Am I missing something? Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do next?

Thanks!

Ian Johnson

Mar 21, 2014, 2:47:56 PM3/21/14
to Leslie Wright, trib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leslie,

Glad you are liking it. can you save your inlet and share the link? taking a look at your data/code would really help debug :)

Ian

Ian Johnson - 周彦

Leslie Wright

Mar 21, 2014, 3:04:19 PM3/21/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com, Leslie Wright
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your quick response. I have logged in, added my inlet.js code, and survey.csv file, and tried to save my inlet.

I am not able to save (the 'rotating arrow' next to the Save button keeps spinning), so I can not send you the link.

I have attached my inlet.js and survey.csv file to review.

Thanks again for your help!

Leslie
survey.csv
inlet.txt

Leslie Wright

Mar 21, 2014, 4:35:16 PM3/21/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com, Leslie Wright
Re-attached the correct inlet.js file. Also here is the saved inlet: http://tributary.io/inlet/9695711

I was able to get the bars to show up once, and then it disappeared. Any ideas?
inlet.js

Ian Johnson

Mar 21, 2014, 5:11:55 PM3/21/14
to Leslie Wright, trib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leslie,
this is a bug in tributary right now where regular expressions are not being parsed properly apparently.
you can get around it by using the RegExp object to define them instead.

sorry about that

Leslie Wright

Mar 25, 2014, 7:38:08 PM3/25/14
to trib...@googlegroups.com, Leslie Wright
Thanks Ian. I appreciate your help. That code change works!