July 16, http://www.tribtimes.org

William Zambrano MD

Jul 15, 2024, 4:00:27 PM (4 days ago) Jul 15
to Tribulation Times
Tribulation Times

Subscribe                     Unsubscribe                     View Archives

READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEARhttps://oneyearbibleonline.com/july-oyb/?version=63&startmmdd=0101

July 16, 2024

(Psa 18:30-31) This God-his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?-

CATHOLIC WORLD REPORTCatholic priest prayed for Donald Trump’s safety at PA rally moments before shooting

NEWS REPORTMedical expert impressed by Donald Trump's ‘adroitness’ that saved the prez ‘miraculously’

YOUTUBEOnline Lessons w Fr. Iannuzzi- Trump Attempted Assassination & Prophecy of Chastisements

ERIC SALMONS ON XDoes the death of an innocent bystander invalidate the belief that divine intervention saved Trump?

I've seen many people, including many Christians, recoil at the suggestion that divine intervention prevented Trump's death, citing the death of Corey Comperatore.

This displays a misguided view of God and His sovereignty in multiple ways.

First, we must remember that God has a different standard than man when it comes to life and death. God is the Author of Life, and therefore does not have to abide by our rules when it comes to life and death. As He has given each of us life, He can take it away (or allow it to be taken away) whenever He chooses.

None of us created our own life or created another life. Further, each of us deserve death the moment we are conceived. So every moment of life is a gift from God. To suggest someone has a claim over God to a longer life is ludicrous.

Here's the analogy I often used with my younger children. If I create a painting, I have every right to do whatever I want with it. I can destroy it if I desire, or frame it and hang it up in the house. However, no one else has that right over my painting. You can't just grab my painting and throw it away, even though I can. You are not the author of that painting. We are not the author of our life or any other life.

So the length of our life is completely in God's hands, and He can make it as short or as long as He desires.

Second, we must remember that death is not the ultimate evil. In fact, death can be a way to glorify God. Consider the martyrs. God could have let every one of them live a long life and die peacefully surrounded by family. Instead God allowed them to die, often in horrific and brutal ways. Why? Because their deaths glorified God and led more people to Him.

I'm not saying Mr. Comperatore was a martyr. I am instead saying that God can allow a death for many reasons, just as He can allow someone to live for many reasons. It all falls in the providence of God.

So it is not inconsistent—in fact it is Christian—to say both that God allowed Trump to live and allowed Mr. Comperatore to die. He does this every day with each one of us—some of us He allows to live and some of us He allows to die.

What matters is what we do with the life—and the death—He gives us. Do we glorify Him at every moment?

Mr. Comperatore gave us an example of heroic fatherhood in his last moments; we pray that he might be an example to us, and that he might now be united with God in eternity. We also pray that President Trump will use the extra time he has been given in this life to glorify God (while recognizing he has free will to follow or reject God's plan for his life).

I believe divine intervention saved President Trump, while also recognizing that God allowed the death of Mr. Comperatore. Both beliefs are consistent with the Christian belief in divine providence.

The Desert Fathers: sayings of the Early Christian Monks: Sober Living

44. They said of a hermit that his thoughts suggested to him, 'Rest today; do penance tomorrow.' He contradicted the thoughts, saying, 'No, I do penance today, and tomorrow the Lord's will be done.'

Prayer request?  Send an email to: PrayerR...@aol.com

"Have ANY Catholic Question? Just ask Ron Smith at: hfmin...@roadrunner.com

This month's archive can be found at: http://www.catholicprophecy.info/news2.html.