July 18, http://www.tribtimes.com

William Zambrano MD

Jul 17, 2024, 3:23:46 PM (2 days ago) Jul 17
to Tribulation Times
Tribulation Times

Subscribe                     Unsubscribe                     View Archives

READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEARhttps://oneyearbibleonline.com/july-oyb/?version=63&startmmdd=0101

July 18, 2024

(2Ti 4:2-4) Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine. For there shall be a time when they will not endure sound doctrine but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables.

NCR ARCHIVESCardinal Robert Sarah: On the Credibility of the Catholic Church

CERCCardinal Robert Sarah: A Prophetic Voice for the Catholic Church

XTHE DECEPTIVE SEDUCTIONS OF SUPPOSEDLY EMANCIPATED LIFE

NICOLAS DIAT: Modern life is looking more and more like a permanent party.

ROBERT CARDINAL SARAH: People seem to be obsessed with monotony and sadness. In order to ward off fear, they continually lose their way and then dust themselves off. Now their joys are artificial, since they follow from the sad reign of enjoyment and ease.

In so-called developed societies, the moral and spiritual poverty is immense. Partying becomes the only means of forgetting the nothingness into which individuals have fallen.

The more man destroys himself, the more he feels the need to find treatments for his interior crisis: at the end of that passionate quest, Asian philosophies look like miracle drugs.

Man rushes from festivities to vacations, from trips to banquets. Life is one big game. Anything exotic is promising. Even funerals are not supposed to be sad now. You have to sing and laugh until the last moments. How can men applaud the dead as they enter or leave the church? How can they demean a moment that is so full of emotions and sacredness? Our thoughtlessness and superficiality in the presence of this mystery is stupid. In the presence of death, we should keep silence, recollect ourselves, pray, and turn to God so as to try to enter into the great divine mystery in which the departed person now finds himself. Death is not easy. Your book Un temps pour mourir: Derniers jours de la vie des moines¹ shows this very well. Man wants to drive death away, eliminate mourning. He no longer tolerates sadness and tears.

Suffering, whether interior or physical, no longer has a legitimate place. It is necessary to hide the handicapped, forget the sick, and warehouse the elderly. Old age is no fun. Therefore it must be hidden behind the gloomy walls of retirement homes.

CATHOLIC WORLD REPORTCardinal Robert Sarah: “God’s first language is silence.”

In commenting on this beautiful, rich insight of Saint John of the Cross, Thomas Keating, in his work Invitation to Love, writes: “Everything else is a poor translation. In order to understand this language, we must learn to be silent and to rest in God.”

It is time to rediscover the true order of priorities. It is time to put God back at the center of our concerns, at the center of our actions and of our life: the only place that He should occupy. Thus, our Christian journey will be able to gravitate around this Rock, take shape in the light of the faith and be nourished in prayer, which is a moment of silent, intimate encounter in which a human being stands face to face with God to adore Him and to express his filial love for Him.

Let us not fool ourselves. This is the truly urgent thing: to rediscover the sense of God. Now the Father allows Himself to be approached only in silence. What the Church needs most today is not an administrative reform, another pastoral program, a structural change. The program already exists: it is the one we have always had, drawn from the Gospel and from living Tradition. It is centered on Christ Himself, whom we must know, love and imitate in order to live in Him and through Him, to transform our world which is being degraded because human beings live as though God did not exist. As a priest, as a pastor, as a Prefect, as a Cardinal, my priority is to say that God alone can satisfy the human heart.

I think that we are the victims of the superficiality, selfishness and worldly spirit that are spread by our media-driven society. We get lost in struggles for influence, in conflicts between persons, in a narcissistic, vain activism. We swell with pride and pretention, prisoners of a will to power. For the sake of titles, professional or ecclesiastical duties, we accept vile compromises. But all that passes away like smoke. In my new book I wanted to invite Christians and people of good will to enter into silence; without it, we are in illusion. The only reality that deserves our attention is God Himself, and God is silent. He waits for our silence to reveal Himself.

Regaining the sense of silence is therefore a priority, an urgent necessity.

ANTONIO CARDINAL BACCIThe Voice of God

The Desert Fathers: sayings of the Early Christian Monks: Sober Living

46. A hermit said, 'Satan has three powers, which lead to all the sins. The first is forgetfulness, the second negligence, the third selfish desire. If forgetfulness comes, it causes negligence, negligence is the mother of selfish desire, and by selfish desire we fall. If the mind is serious, it repels forgetfulness, negligence does not come, selfish desire finds no entry, and so with the help of Christ we shall never fall.'

Prayer request?  Send an email to: PrayerR...@aol.com

"Have ANY Catholic Question? Just ask Ron Smith at: hfmin...@roadrunner.com

This month's archive can be found at: http://www.catholicprophecy.info/news2.html.