May 15, http://www.tribtimes.com

1 view

William Zambrano MD

May 14, 2024, 6:16:31 PMMay 14
to Tribulation Times
Tribulation Times

Subscribe                     Unsubscribe                     View Archives

READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEARhttps://oneyearbibleonline.com/may-oyb/?version=63&startmmdd=0101

May 15, 2024

(Rev 13:15-18) And it was given him to give life to the image of the beast: and that the image of the beast should speak: and should cause that whosoever will not adore the image of the beast should be slain. And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand or on their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred sixty-six.

MARK MALLET BLOGKeep'n It Together

THE CATHOLIC THINGOur Pagan Revolution and What to Do About It

SECULAR BLOG CONCLUSIONThe Singularity is...

If we accept the view of the Technological Singularity I’ve outlined here, then we see that the Singularity is in essence a process of exponential techno-social progress: a liftoff that began around 1800 and fundamentally changed everything about the human condition.

So, it’s been happening for a while and is ongoing. But remember, we humans are terrible at an intuitive understanding of exponentials.

Exponential progress is slow — often imperceptible — at first. It’s easy to ignore it, or view it as stable and predictable linear growth. But it gathers pace and then all of a sudden comes to feel terrifying; as though it's moving at warp speed.

And that’s what’s happening to us now. We are entering the warp speed phase of the techno-social process that started some 250 years ago. Not only will we be living on an exponential curve, we’re going to feel it. The products of warp speed change will reshape everyday live, dominate our culture, and strain our politics to and probably beyond breaking point. That’s why the coming decades will truly be an Exponential Age.

It puts we inhabitants of the 21st-century in a remarkable and privileged position. We get a ringside seat to the most significant epoch in human history: the warp speed phase of the Singularity. It’s that, and nothing less, that the Exponentialist was convened to watch and understand.

And, as we’ve seen in this essay, it presents us with daunting challenges.

I’ve said that in the coming post-human era — really still more of a human era after all — the fundamental challenge will be for People of the Machine and People of the Earth to live well together. What that demands, in the end, is a new account of ourselves and our ultimate relationship to the world we inhabit.

Those who see fusion with technology as a route to infinite, all-knowing transcendence must be able to answer two questions. What, in the end, are they transcending towards? And why? On the other hand, those who seek to remain resolutely human, to lean back into our embodied and organic selves, must be able to explain: what is so important, so valuable, about the human anyway?

On both sides this requires a renewed vision of what we humans really are. Of our purpose here, and our ultimate relationship to the cosmos we find ourselves in. The old religions once supplied such an account. For many inhabitants of modernity, the scientific revolution dismantled it. Now we must build anew. What we must make is nothing less than a religion of the future. A religion that can accommodate the impossible-yet-real process that is the Singularity.

This, in the end, is the demand that the Exponential Age makes of us all. That’s the thing about technology. Think about it hard enough, and you always end up thinking about us. About what it means to be human. You end up staring in the mirror.

The Desert Fathers: sayings of the Early Christian Monks: Sober Living

4. At first Ammoi said to Aesius, 'What do you think of me?' He said, 'You are like an angel, abba.' Later on he said, 'Now what do you think of me?' Her replied, 'You are like Satan, for even if you speak a good word, it is like a sword to me.'

Prayer request?  Send an email to: PrayerR...@aol.com

"Have ANY Catholic Question? Just ask Ron Smith at: hfmin...@roadrunner.com

This month's archive can be found at: http://www.catholicprophecy.info/news2.html.