June 11, http://www.tribtimes.org

William Zambrano MD

Jun 10, 2024, 5:20:33 PMJun 10
to Tribulation Times
Tribulation Times

Subscribe                     Unsubscribe                     View Archives

READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEARhttps://oneyearbibleonline.com/june-oyb/?version=63&startmmdd=0101

June 11, 2024

(Gen 49:1-10). And Jacob also predicted: "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the rod of command from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and to whom the peoples owe obedience."

1000 REASONS TO BELIEVEThe Unique Prophecies That Announced the Messiah

Messianic expectation was shaped by a long series of individuals who prophesied, over many centuries and through many inspired, revealed words and figures, the coming of a Messiah king from Israel. The prophecies foretold how this man would change the course of world history, describing his birth, life, death, posterity, mission and even the time of his coming. Nowhere else in human history do we find an expectation of this magnitude and manner, pointing to Jesus, and occurring at the foretold time.

1000 REASONS TO BELIEVE: The Time of the Coming of the Messiah Was Accurately Prophesied

It is amazing to see that the time of the Messiah's coming was accurately predicted by several prophecies well known to Jews and to those living at the time of Christ. According to the patriarch Jacob, the "scepter" first had to depart from Judah (Gen 49:1); for the prophet Haggai, the Messiah would come at the time of the Second Temple; for the prophet Daniel, it would coincide with the time of the fourth kingdom "after Nebuchadnezzar" (Dan 2:39) and "Seventy Weeks" after a prophecy announcing the rebuilding of the Temple (Dan 9:24); as for the prophet Isaiah, he predicted that the "Prince of Peace" would arrive at a time when the world would have ceased to fight (cf. Is 9:5), in the "fullness of time" (Ga 4:4; Eph 1:10). Even the pagans (Tacitus, Suetonius, the Sibyl of Cumae, the Babylonian astrologers) sensed the coming of a "world-dominating" Messiah from Israel. At the time of Christ, therefore, "the people were waiting" (Lk 3:15) in a very singular way. So, when John the Baptist appeared, they all asked him: "Are you the One who is to come, or must we wait for another?" (Lk 7:19). The anticipation had become so strong in this period of history that historians have identified dozens of candidate Messiahs (cf. Vittorio Messori, Hypothèses sur Jésus, Mame, 1995, ch. 4), and Gamaliel alluded to it during his address to the Sanhedrin on behalf of the apostles (Acts 5:34-39). Lastly, even if some Jews did not recognize Christ, they nonetheless bear indirect witness to the great precision of this expectation: after the first century and the failed revolt of Bar Kochba "son of the star" (died 135) - thought to be the Messiah by Rabbi Akiva and the Jewish leaders of the time - they acknowledged in the Talmud that "all the dates calculated for the coming of the Messiah have now expired" ( Tractate Sanhedrin no. 97).

A MOMENT WITH MARYA Navy Seal who knows something about spiritual battle and the Rosary

Former Navy SEAL Team Six / Development Group (DEVGRU) Operator Dom Raso knows something about battle—both physical and spiritual.

As one of the most elite soldiers in the United States military, Raso’s name is revered across the country for his service as well as his contributions to research and development of military techniques. But perhaps more significant than his unparalleled military accomplishments is the way he has sustained a will to fight—both for American freedom and for the glory of God.

Dom has amassed hundreds of thousands of followers on Instagram and has been a guest on prolific podcasts with millions of subscribers, but he isn’t looking for fame. Raso summarizes himself in his Instagram biography as: “Veteran Navy SEAL, Catholic, Husband, and Father of 5.” In conversation with Word on Fire, Raso shares stories from his life. Through combat, grief, and loss, Dom has chosen what is good, true, and beautiful. But as is the case for all, it hasn’t been without extreme discipline, profound suffering, and divine mercy.

[...] What’s striking, however, is how despite Raso’s SEAL past carrying earthly weapons of war, he admits that the most powerful weapon he carries is the Rosary.

Dom’s first Rosary was something he always cherished, even through his SEAL Team days. “It was the one thing I can look back on where I had a feeling of deep connection.” At the time he couldn’t have pinpointed why the item seemed so valuable to him. “Now I know why.” As his faith has evolved and grown, Raso is drawn deeper into the beauty of the prayer. “The meditations and the actual praying of the Rosary has changed my life. It’s deepened my sense of Christ walking every part of his journey on earth. It’s deepened my sense of my love for him. It’s deepened my [awareness of the] humility of Mary and her role in God’s perfect plan, of being espoused to the Holy Spirit.” For the last five months and counting, Raso and his teenage son have committed to praying their daily Rosary together—no exceptions. It’s been a catalyst for deep conversations and authentic bonding, and they both attribute it all to Our Lady.

With a history as one of the most technically skilled soldiers in the United States, Raso knows how to wield a weapon. But everyday, he asks himself, “Is my trust in God higher than my ability to carry a blade and trust in my skills?” Beads in hand, Raso stated, “This is my reminder in my physical sense that I trust God more than anything else physically in this world.” “It’s something that I would never be without at this point. It’s absolutely something that’s made a profound change in so many different areas of my life, it’s undeniable.”

The Desert Fathers: sayings of the Early Christian Monks: Sober Living

24. He also said, 'The beginning and the end is the fear of the Lord. For it is written, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Ps. 111:10) and, when Abraham built an altar the Lord said to him, "now I know that you fear God" (Gen. 22:12).'

Prayer request?  Send an email to: PrayerR...@aol.com

"Have ANY Catholic Question? Just ask Ron Smith at: hfmin...@roadrunner.com

This month's archive can be found at: http://www.catholicprophecy.info/news2.html.