Fwd: Meet with Carlos Garcia-Robledo

Amy Savage

Apr 2, 2014, 6:57:26 PM4/2/14
to triangle_ee...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Heath <jjh...@ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: Meet with Carlos Garcia-Robledo
To: Amy Savage <amsa...@ncsu.edu>

Amy,
Please forward this to biology postdocs and any other postdocs you think might be interested.
Thanks, Jeremy

Dear Postdocs,

Would you like to meet with the Entomology Department's Mike Duke Seminar speaker Carlos Garcia-Robledo? Carlos will be here April 3rd and 4th.  His seminar is Friday, April 4th at 4 pm in David Clark Labs 101.  The time to schedule a personal meeting has passed, but I have an hour already scheduled with him this Friday from 1:30 to 2:30.  If you'd like to join us, please let me know by Thursday afternoon so I can find a suitable location.

Carlos is a post-doc at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C., working on the effects of climate change on host plant extinctions and the co-extinctions of associated insect herbivores in Costa Rica. The main objective of his project is to understand the evolutionary and demographic responses of organisms to novel environments. He uses the genetics and demography of insect herbivores colonizing novel host plants, as well as various tropical pollination, plant-herbivore, seed dispersal systems and invasive plant species as study models to understand different processes involved in the ecology, evolution and conservation of tropical plant-animal interactions.

Regards,
Jeremy
--
Jeremy J. Heath
Postdoctoral Research Scholar

--
Jeremy J. Heath
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
North Carolina State University
Department of Entomology
Raleigh, NC 27695

--
Amy M. Savage
Post-Doctoral Scholar

Emily Griffiths

Apr 15, 2014, 9:22:07 AM4/15/14
to triangle_ee...@googlegroups.com
Postdoc Dr. Ayako Wada-Katsumata will present her research in a seminar entitled "How Cockroaches Survive in Your Kitchen: Changes in Taste Neurons Support the Emergence of Adaptive Behaviors."  Some of this work was recently published in Science, and I encourage everyone to come and learn about the fascinating ways our household pests evolve around our best efforts to control them. The seminar will be at 11:15am in the Stephens Room on the third floor of Thomas Hall on Monday, April 21.  Come a little early for cookies and coffee.