[Triangle EEB] Journal Club at NCSU?

Emily Griffiths

Nov 6, 2013, 4:33:09 PM11/6/13
to triangle_ee...@googlegroups.com
Dear triangle ecologists and evolutionary biologists,

If you are interested in taking part in an evolutionary ecology journal club on NC State’s main campus, please contact Gabriel Zilnik glzi...@ncsu.edu who is looking to set one up.

Best wishes,

Emily

On Nov 6, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Gabriel Zilnik <glzi...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

Hello,

Brian Langerhans and I are trying to find out if there is any interest in an evolutionary ecology (a.k.a. ecology and evolution) journal club. We'd mostly cover recent primary research articles, but short reviews and even opinions from places like Trends in Ecology & Evolution will also have their place.

Topics would include:
    -Life history evolution
    -Interspecific interactions
    -Behavioral ecology
    -Ecological genetics
    -Adaptation
    -Many more (there are a lot!)

Right now we're just trying to get a straw poll of the number of interested people. If you work in evolutionary ecology, are looking for ways to read more from the field, or are just plain curious about what evolutionary ecology is, feel free to contact me (Gabe Zilnik, glzi...@ncsu.edu). Once we get a head count we'll work out scheduling and location. Lastly, if there is enough interest Brian and I may try to set this up as a grad student seminar for next semester.

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

-Gabe

--
Gabriel Zilnik
Graduate Student (Entomology)