Bellini - Cary NC

Daniel B. Martin

Oct 31, 2017, 7:55:02 AM10/31/17
Bellini Fine Italian Cuisine

Location -
107 Edinburgh South Drive
Cary NC 27511
919-552-0303
(MacGregor Village Shopping Plaza, off US64)

Ambiance -
We were greeted and seated promptly in a spacious and sparsely populated
dining room. (This was at 7:00pm on a Monday evening. We had a
reservation.) Sparkling-clean utensils were wrapped in a wine-red cloth
napkin, set on a table with a white tablecloth and a single candle.
Seating was comfortable. Background music volume was low and that was a
good thing because this "music" was offensive noise.

Service -
A professional and effective staff. Several check-backs during the
meal. Thank you, Denise.

Fare -
A pleasing selection of Italian cuisine.
http://bellinifineitaliancuisinecary.com/

Special Lady ordered Linguine with Clams ($20) which comes with a choice
of red or white sauce. No sides or salad included.

I ordered Eggplant Rollatini ($19.50) served on a bed of spaghetti. No
sides or salad included. This entree is three eggplant rolls stuffed
with cheese and spinach, topped with tomato sauce and more cheese. I
also ordered a small salad adorned with avocado slices ($7.00).

A small basket of bread was served with seasoned dipping oil. The bread
was routine soft Italian bread. Undistinguished.

Portion sizes were adequate, flavors were good, but over-salted.

Wake County sanitation rating -
97 as of 7/13/17.

Website -
http://bellinifineitaliancuisinecary.com/

Overall rating -
"B+". The tab came to $50 including tax but not including beverages or
tip. Bellini aspires to "fine dining" status but falls short of the mark.

Suggested improvements -
Less salt in the food! At this price point a small house salad should
be included with the entree. Music should be easy listening or light
classical.

Daniel B. Martin

MummyChunk

Feb 13, 2020, 9:42:11 AM2/13/20