Bida Manda Restaurant and Bar- 222 S. Blount St. Raleigh, NC 27601

MummyChunk

Oct 29, 2012, 10:03:37 AM10/29/12

> Bida Manda Restaurant and Bar
> 222 S. Blount St.
> Raleigh, NC 27601
>

> Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating
the diverse food traditions of Laos. Opening this summer in downtown
Raleigh, Bida Manda will be one of the very first Laotian restaurants
in the United States. Sanskrit for father and mother, my sister and I
name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in
Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospi...tality, and
the power it has in bringing people together.

MummyChunk

Oct 29, 2012, 10:03:38 AM10/29/12
the power it has in bringing people together.0f9]

A few
reviews.

5 / 5
Bida Manda a new staple in Raleigh!
Customer Avatar
OpenTable Diner Since
2012
Dined on 08/30/2012
Food
5 / 5
Service
4 / 5
Ambiance
5 / 5
Noise Level
Moderate
I had two dishes based on the owners' mama's recipes. They were
phenomenal! Vansana and Vanvisa (brother & sister owners) are
gracious, welcoming, and attentive, and their staff is trained in this
manner. Go to Bida Manda now!

[b:e82ecada1d]5 / 5
Elegant, Hip, Classy
Customer Avatar
OpenTable Diner Since
2012
Dined on 08/30/2012
Food
5 / 5
Service
5 / 5
Ambiance
5 / 5
Noise Level
Moderate[/b:e82ecada1d]
With simplified elegance, Bida Manda has brought Laotian cuisine to
Raleigh . . . fresh, flavorful and sublime. NC State School of Design
graduate, Vansana Nolintha has created an environment that celebrates
the food of his home country fused with the vibrant and creative
energy of downtown Raleigh. Bida Manda is a classy place filled with
finely prepared dishes, in a warm and creative space, hosted by and
attracting interesting people with whom you want to share a meal . . .
.

[b:e82ecada1d] Good food; overpriced
Customer Avatar
OpenTable Diner Since
2010
Dined on 09/14/2012
Food
4 / 5
Service
3 / 5
Ambiance
5 / 5
Noise Level
Energetic[/b:e82ecada1d]
The food was very good but I thought their prices were off. Some
dishes were fairly priced and others were outrageously expensive. It
was difficult to get a gauge on what to expect based on the prices. I
have a feeling we won't be coming back for dinner based on this but
we'll give them a try at lunch to see if that improves the price
point.