Carrboro Computer Recyclery

1 view

Michael

Sep 15, 2010, 5:59:19 PM9/15/10
to Triangle Hackerspace
Hey Everyone,
So this weekend(the 18th at 1pm) is the first official workday for the
up and coming Computer repair and community training program. What we
want to get done on saturday is:
1) clean out my basement(not much stuff really)
2) install some shelves and tables
3) bring all of our own excess computers to start the parts collection
4) Start repairing and sorting the components we already have.

Before Saturday we will need to try and gather some bookshelves,
tables, and/or plywood and cinder blocks, any response to this would
be great.

Once we start sorting I would like to start having an open discussion
about our different goals, things we bring to the table, and different
groups and organizations we can align ourselves with early on like the
pta to help with taking donations and reselling computers. This is
not intended to necessarily be the regular hours of operation but
simply the first chance to have everyone in the same room and start
getting the early hurtles out of the way.

My house is at:
101 Thomas Ln. Apt. E-4
Carrboro, NC

its right off n. greensboro st.