Learn To Solder Class

Ashley McClelland

Oct 4, 2010, 6:46:01 PM10/4/10
to Durham Makerspace, triangle-h...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Another class we are looking to plan soon is a "Learn to Solder" class at SplatSpace. We'll put together a small kit and learn good technique from an expert. :)

I just want to gauge interest on who has never soldered before and would like to learn. If we don't have enough interest within the group, I'll reach out to other groups as well. The target number of people for this class would be 6-10, but I'd want to make sure we have materials and soldering irons for all interested.

Is anybody interested in a class for learning basic soldering skills? Or in helping with it? I already have one person willing to teach it, so that should be good, but floaters with experience might be helpful to some extent. This would also be great for people who are beginners to brush up on their skills. :)

The cost of the class will probably be $4-5, to cover materials only. Anything beyond that would be a donation to Splat Space.

Thoughts? Interest? Late October, Early November would be a likely date.

Thanks!

--ashley

Ashley McClelland

Oct 15, 2010, 12:10:08 PM10/15/10
to Durham Makerspace, triangle-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone -- Follow up on this!

We'll hold this Learn to Solder class on Saturday, November 13th. Tentative time is 2:00pm.

In this class, we are assembling a  "jitterbug" kit. Soldering irons will be provided for use if you don't have your own. We'll also hold a weekday class at some point in the near future for anyone who can't make it to Saturdays class- so no worries! :)

Scott Hall is in the works of planning another intro to electronics/soldering class, which may serve as a good ongoing follow up instruction for those who enjoy the soldering experience! We'll try to plan that for a weekday for those of you who can't make it on weekends.

In the meantime, if you plan on coming to the Saturday, November 13th class, please RSVP on meetup so we can have enough materials and teachers on hand.

RSVP here: http://bit.ly/dlAzCF

Thanks!

--ashley