may I borrow your computer for CyberSPARK?

1 view

Justis Peters

Sep 17, 2010, 4:32:26 AM9/17/10
to triangle-h...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fellow Hackers,

Can you help me out? The laptop I was going to use at CyberSPARK to run
my exhibit is now exhibiting cooling issues. Multiple times tonight, it
shut down spontaneously and then wouldn't start again until I let the
CPU cool off. That behavior probably wouldn't play well for an all-day
exhibit, so I'm hoping that someone can lend me a computer for the
weekend. I can return it on Sunday.

Here are the rough specs of what I'm hoping to borrow:
+ form factor does not matter (laptop or desktop fine)
+ the faster the CPU the better
+ 1G of RAM
+ 5G of disk space where I may install Ubuntu or permission to swap hard
drives for one of mine until Sunday
+ a video card that can do 720p and/or 1080p (this is negotiable; even
800x600 will do at this point)

If you can help out, that would be great. Email me directly with your
contact info and I'll gladly email you back with mine. Thanks so much!

Kind regards,
Justis