LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY: Greensboro's 19th Annual Ride of Silence at Greensboro Coliseum

Nicole Lindahl

May 10, 2024, 3:48:07 PMMay 10
to Triad Ride List

To celebrate and honor the lives of cyclists who have been injured or killed while bicycling. (2).png

Greensboro's 2024 RIDE of SILENCE

Start / Finish: Greensboro Coliseum

1921 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403, Parking Lot

Wednesday, May 15, 2023

Arrive at 6:30pm, Rider's Off: 7:00pm

To Pre-Register: BikeGSO.org/Ride-of-Silence

(This is a free event, free parking, and all are welcome.)

  • The pace is 12mph max.
  • There is a one mile loop at the start of the ride for those who would like to participate, but may not want to ride the longer distance.
  • The length of the ride including the first mile loop is 8 miles.
  • As always, we are grateful to the Greensboro Police Department Bike Patrol for their participation. This year, there will also be a police officer driving a car in front and one driving sweep behind the last participant as additional safety measures.
  • Everyone is encouraged to join us at Steel Hands Brewery following the ride for an informal social gathering. More information below.

The Ride of Silence is an international event that takes place on the same day and at the same time around the globe. Local groups in 228 locations, including those organized throughout all 50 states and Washington D.C., ride in silence to honor those bicyclists who lost their lives or were injured on public streets. The rides serve as reminders to the public that bicyclists have the legal right to co-exist on public streets with drivers, to remember we exist, and to watch out for us.

This year's Greater Greensboro Ride of Silence follows a particularly tragic year for our bicycling community. We lost four local bicyclists, three of whom were hit by drivers on our public streets. Yet another remains in critical condition. Two of the people who are no longer with us were close to many of our members, devastating losses that should never have happened.

These tragic losses would not have occurred if conditions were as safe as they should be. Join us on May 15th for the Ride of Silence, a free memorial ride, to honor those who lost their lives or who were seriously injured and to serve as a statement that change must happen.