Saturday May 20th Suds & Duds-Cleanest Bike Comp

John Erickson

May 18, 2023, 4:14:37 PM5/18/23
to Triad Ride List
Meet @ parking lot next to Suds & Duds , Elam & Walker, Greensboro. May 20th. Wheels down at 9:00 am.
Come early for Coffee & treats before ride (after as well)
This Saturday is CLEANEST BIKE  COMP
The overall cleanest bike will win some cool prizes (scratches or marks do not count against your bike, this is who has the cleanest overall bike)
50ish miles give or take a few
18.5-19 avg,
The following I have stolen from Liz Southern (thank you) but applies for this ride:
Attitude: work together to roll fast and smooth, try to keep everyone together, however, this is NOT a no-drop ride.
(there should be a couple of sections to 'stretch the legs'). If you're looking to average 23,  half-wheel, sprint up hills, or race- this is not your group.
 1 store stop around 1/2  way
No sweep on duty, regroup at stop signs, helmets required, blinkys suggested/needed, no earbuds/headphones PLEASE!

text me if you have questions or want route:

Scott Romine

May 19, 2023, 2:02:55 PM5/19/23
to Triad Ride List, eri...@gcsnc.com
Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow, we're having a post-Suds gathering at my house, which is less than a mile from Suds.   It's the usual gig: beer, ice cream, sandwiches, chips.  Everyone is welcome, including those who are out of action, those with filthy bikes, and those who find the advertised 18.5-19 mph to be incompatible with your preferred pace.  (If you're not riding with us, show up around 1:00—email or text me at 336-324-2194 for address.)

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Scott

May 19, 2023, 4:40:48 PM5/19/23
to sbro...@uncg.edu, Triad Ride List, eri...@gcsnc.com
Are fender cladded, Jake braking, half-wheeling, headphone wearing, red light running, hill bobbing sprinters welcome as well?

Scott Romine

May 19, 2023, 8:45:10 PM5/19/23
to D. Pelletier, Triad Ride List, eri...@gcsnc.com
Darren,

Good question.  Fender fetishists are indeed welcome, as are half-wheelers.  Three-quarter wheelers (Katie/Jake-wheelers, as I call them) are not, although Katie and Jake are personally welcome if they promise to behave (no table dancing, like that one time).  Wheel overlappers are strictly prohibited, as are red light runners, unless you didn't see the red light and no cars were coming.  Hill bobbing sprinters are discouraged from attending, since my 450 watt effort not to be dropped has exhausted both my legs and my patience.

Best,

Scott