Swim Clinic Update!

Sierra Huber

Jan 24, 2018, 7:52:07 AM1/24/18
to tri-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hey All!

I hope you're having a great week!

If you are interested in joining in the swim clinic, I only have spots left for this weekend's session.  March is now full.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

I had the honor of spending this past weekend with Sheila Taormina and learning her coaching techniques.  It was amazing and I have so much to share!

One of the things that she is establishing is what is called the STGRID.  I will have that with me at both sessions.  I am currently the ONLY STGRID licensed coach in Virginia!

The STGRID (patent pending) is a measurement tool that allows swim mechanics
instruction to be articulated in measurable, definable, specific terms rather than the vague, abstract verbal cues historically and presently used. The STGRID is used in conjunction with underwater cameras that film a swimmer’s stroke.
The grid is placed between the swimmer and the camera. All movements throughout the swim stroke can be measured and analyzed against the grid.

Her philosophy is to get away from the vague verbal cues that we as coaches have been giving our athletes and turning it into actual footage to compare YOU VS the best swimmers in the world.

I found it very interesting that my stroke analysis (yes, I got to analyze myself for the first time with Sheila!) is very close to Olympic swimmers.  Even though I have work to do, I now know what I can do to improve my stroke to become even faster that goes beyond swim drills!

I can't wait to share this with you!!

CHEERS!

--
Sierra Huber