Forthcoming Duels

1 view

{Trgt}Practice

May 8, 2009, 9:55:16 AM5/8/09
to Sniper Elite and {Trgt} Group Pages
Since there's only 3 of us since Black left, I reckon we should have a
few duels and just not worry about Ladder or Ranked matches..?

If we just go out there and keep the servers going everyday like we do
now, then I don't see why we couldn't recruit more members.
People are liking our style of play more and more.

I've got several regulars who message me to ask to reserve them a spot
when one comes up.

The other day, we were playing as Russians at Canary Wharf and we had
the Germans pinned down so much that they couldn't even leave the
camp.
They were hiding underneath the huts and in the bunkers (which really
annoyed them when they got shot through the slit on the wall bunker!).
We didn't even have to creep down off the hill! The didn't even get
past the first flight of stairs.

Anti-Hero spent most of the time hiding under the tank and no-one
spotted him once. He got 33 kills!
I got 57 and the two other scored respectable 28 and 40 respectively.
The Germans shot me once (which was just as well, because I was out of
ammo!) and I don't think Anti-Hero got blasted once!

The final scores for the first round (that was the best) was:
Russians: 158 to 12 !!!

I've got the email addresses of the other two guys. I'm not sure if
the massive score was because of the amazingly strong team we had -
the Germans did keep quitting and having substitutions - or the poor
German side.

Second round we mixed sides, though Anti and I stayed together.
The spread was only about 30 in that case - Anti and I not getting
fragged once and being able to pick-up more ammo.

I think it was just a few new players or players who weren't in the
mood to play seriously.
Mind - it is always harder if people keep dropping out of your team
and being replaced.

I think that, if any {Trgt} members are on the same side, we should
turn Auto-Balance off... That way, the advantage is fair if the
opposition isn't up to the standard we are used to.

But anyway -
To the point!

How do you guys fancy having a few 3 round duels?
2 vs 1 in turn?

Practice vs Winters and Anti
Winters vs Anti and Practice
Anti vs Practice and Winters

Sound good?

If so, let's organise it for the weekend and see how it goes? It'll be
a good way to hone our stealth skills and get back on form.
I know I haven't played for over a month.

We should set the score limit for 20 or 30 so that we don't get stuck
(as sometimes happens in 1 on 1's) just waiting for the other person
to pop out - which we know isn't going to happen!
More like retreat under cover and then flank!
But we all know that, so we'll always be moving around slowly trying
to get a better angle!

With the 2 vs 1, there's always the advantage of having two angles
covered and it's more fun. The solo sniper has to keep an eye out both
ways.

IMO - it makes for a quicker duel.

I'll email you both to see when you want to do it, if at all.
Then, afterwards, we can load up the SVT's and go and kick some arse
on 100pwr - one shot one kills.

Should be fun!

Speak later guys.
Pete