trex for ROS Diamondback?

Billy

Apr 12, 2011, 11:27:58 PM4/12/11
to trex-users
Hello,

I'm a big fan of trex and looking to use it with ROS. Are there plans
to update the executive_trex stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/
executive_trex) for the ROS Diamondback release?

Thank you very much,
Billy McCafferty
http://www.sharprobotica.com

Jonathan Bohren

Apr 12, 2011, 11:52:33 PM4/12/11
to trex-...@googlegroups.com, Billy
Billy,

As it stands there are no plans for updating the TREX / ROS integration for ROS Diamondback. The last that was done for the TREX / ROS integration was moving the TREX / action interface over to actionlib actions, as they were released in C-Turtle. If you would like to test out TREX with Diamondback, it shouldn't require too much (if anything) to get working. Have you tried building the trex_ros package in the C-Turtle distribution? ( https://code.ros.org/gf/project/wg-ros-pkg/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Fbranches%2Ftrunk_cturtle%2Fstacks%2Fexecutive_trex%2F)

I'm happy to answer specific questions about the trex-ros integration if you have any, but unfortunately the stack is not currently being maintained.

Best,
-j

--
Jonathan Bohren
PhD Student

Conor McGann

Apr 13, 2011, 12:22:22 AM4/13/11
to trex-...@googlegroups.com, Jonathan Bohren, Billy
Hi Billy,

If you have trex questions ping me. I have not worked on the code base in quite a while but can possibly help you out if you are stuck. What were you hoping to do?

Cheers.

Conor

Billy

Apr 13, 2011, 9:04:48 AM4/13/11
to trex-users
Jonathan, Conor,

Thank you very much for the quick feedback. To give you a better
ideas of what I'm working on, I've been working on a pepper picking
project described at
http://www.sharprobotica.com/2011/01/development-of-multi-agent-bell-pepper-picking-robot-in-unstructured-horticulture/

I'm at a point of deciding the overall planning mechanism. Although
I've considered PDDL options, the real-world successes of trex, the
clarity of NDDL, and the reactor-oriented planning architecture have
me biased towards choosing trex for my project's planning needs. With
that said, I'm more inclined to pursue it if nicely coupled to ROS, as
with the executive_trex stack. I have not tried rebuilding it for
Diamondback but am also interested in getting your feedback on
choosing trex for automated planning needs over PDDL alternatives.

Thank you very much,
Billy McCafferty

On Apr 12, 10:22 pm, Conor McGann <mcgann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Billy,
>
> If you have trex questions ping me. I have not worked on the code base in
> quite a while but can possibly help you out if you are stuck. What were you
> hoping to do?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Conor
>

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Jonathan Bohren <jboh...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Billy <wmccaffe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> >> I'm a big fan of trex and looking to use it with ROS.  Are there plans
> >> to update the executive_trex stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/
> >> executive_trex) for the ROS Diamondback release?
>
> >> Thank you very much,
> >> Billy McCafferty
> >>http://www.sharprobotica.com
>
> > Billy,
>
> > As it stands there are no plans for updating the TREX / ROS integration for
> > ROS Diamondback. The last that was done for the TREX / ROS integration was
> > moving the TREX / action interface over to actionlib actions, as they were
> > released in C-Turtle. If you would like to test out TREX with Diamondback,
> > it shouldn't require too much (if anything) to get working. Have you tried
> > building the trex_ros package in the C-Turtle distribution? (
> >https://code.ros.org/gf/project/wg-ros-pkg/scmsvn/?action=browse&path...
> > )

Abhijit Jontromanab

Apr 11, 2013, 3:47:50 PM4/11/13
to trex-...@googlegroups.com
Hiii..........

I started working on Trex......I am using Ros fuerte..............I could not build the trex_ros package...............please help me building this

Jonathan Bohren

May 27, 2013, 12:59:19 PM5/27/13
to trex-...@googlegroups.com
Abhijit,

I'm sorry, but the Trex-ROS interface is not actively maintained.

-j

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Abhijit Jontromanab <jontroman...@gmail.com> wrote:

I started working on Trex......I am using Ros fuerte..............I could not build the trex_ros package...............please help me building this

--

---

Jonathan Bohren
Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics
http://dscl.lcsr.jhu.edu/People/JonathanBohren