Re: [trex-tgn] Re: Clients Contain VLAN and Not the Namespace?

hanoh haim

Jul 24, 2024, 4:59:58 AM (5 days ago) Jul 24
to Brandon Gile, TRex Traffic Generator
Hi Brandon,
For EMU question, you can create a namespace per each client

Thanks
Hanoh

On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 at 20:19, Brandon Gile <brandon...@gmail.com> wrote:
One more thing to add that came up.  I am looking to send this as L2 into a switch with said VLAN, does this mean in the trex_cfg.yaml I just leave the IP and DFG blank or 0?  I could also not find anything specific on this in the tutorial section for EMU and DHCP.

On Monday, July 22, 2024 at 4:01:00 PM UTC-7 Brandon Gile wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to mimic some customer traffic in my network which requires a unique inner-tag and a particular outer-tag (usually to represent a slot in a chassis for example).  Currently, the emu-server sets the VLAN and TPID in the namespace for n clients.  Is it possible to move the vlan and tpid stuff out of the namespace and into the client so I can increment VLANs for every client I create?  Apologies if I missed something.  I have been trying to read around and see if there is something I missed.

Thanks,

Hanoh
Sent from my iPhone

Brandon Gile

Jul 24, 2024, 9:53:03 AM (5 days ago) Jul 24
to hanoh haim, TRex Traffic Generator

Ok great I wasn't sure if that was feasible. I'll give it a go! Thanks