Many errors even with basic profiles

Vin Iov

May 8, 2024, 5:28:27 PMMay 8
to TRex Traffic Generator
Hello, i'm having some troubles with TRex.

I was doing some tests with the default python profiles (post_http) in ASTF mode but i've noticed that i reiceved a lot of errors even if i'm currently opening 20 cps.
The drop rate is also insane:

errors1.JPG

errors2.JPG

Is this something i can fix? I don't understand what i'm doing wrong
.
I'm working on a VM with 22 cores, huge_pages of 8192Mb and 26 Gb of Memory.

hanoh haim

May 9, 2024, 6:59:57 AMMay 9
to Vin Iov, TRex Traffic Generator
Hi Vin,

Are your setup in loopback?

Thanks
Hanoh

Vin Iov

May 9, 2024, 11:29:22 AMMay 9
to TRex Traffic Generator
No, this is the traffic going/coming from the DUT.

I've installed TRex on 2 different machines (TRexA and TRexB), they have the same configuration but seem that TRexB is working fine (as you can see from the screen):
x.JPG
After 3-4 minutes i start noticing some errors on the TRexB but it's just 1/100 of the errors that i get on the TRexA.

Could be something wrong with the MellanoX drivers? Have you ever seen this kind of behaviour?

hanoh haim

May 12, 2024, 4:22:15 AMMay 12
to Vin Iov, TRex Traffic Generator
Hi Vin,
I would start with loopback to verify the correctness of the trex setup

Thanks
Hanoh

Hanoh
Sent from my iPhone

Vin Iov

May 13, 2024, 10:11:46 AMMay 13
to TRex Traffic Generator
Hello Hanoh, I'm sure that the configuration is working fine because some traffic is being routed correctly... If I start the low-speed traffic profile with few connections per second, it seems to work correctly, but if I increase it even slightly, I start getting all these errors.
I'm not sure what else I could modify to improve the TRex setup, this is the Trex_cfg, maybe i'm doing something wrong here?

### Config file generated by dpdk_setup_ports.py ###

- version: 2
  interfaces: ['13:00.0','0b:00.0']
  limit_memory: 2048
  prefix: istance2
  stack: linux_based
  port_info:
      - ip: 10.10.4.11
        default_gw: 10.10.4.10
      - ip: 10.10.5.11
        default_gw: 10.10.5.10

  platform:
      master_thread_id: 0
      stack: linux_based
      latency_thread_id: 1
      dual_if:
        - socket: 0
          threads: [2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21]

Message has been deleted