TREV-: Jest For Kids 06-25-10

1 view

theol...@snap.net.nz

Jun 25, 2010, 12:57:46 PM6/25/10
to trevs-daily...@googlegroups.com

    JEST FOR KIDS 06-25-10
   Riddles and Puns for the 8 to 14 year old

    RIDDLES

What is the difference between the sun and a loaf of bread?
  One arises in the east, the other rises from the yeast

What happened when the computer fell on the floor?
  It slipped a disk

How did the invention of the wheel cause a war?
  It started a revolution.

Which state has the smallest soft drinks?
  Minne-soda.

Why are graveyards noisy?
  Because of the coffin!

What did one pencil say to the other pencil?
  You're looking sharp today

Why are ghosts terrible liars?
  Because anyone can see through them

    SCHOOL WORK

Define "Inbred": Within a loaf of rye

Use "Kilter" in a sentence: The years of drug abuse finally KILTER

10 rations = 1 decoration

"I see," said the blind magician, as he turned his horse into an alley.

Old archers never die, they just bow and quiver.

"I manufacture tabletops for shops," said Tom counterproductively.

    PUNS & OTHER HUMOR

  There is nothing worse
  Than poems about cute cats.
  It is all perverse.
   (John S. Crosbie)

The women's Olympic swimming champion was a girl worth wading for

When she told me I was average, she was just being mean.

If an airport is so safe, then why do they call it a terminal?

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

When the mother returned from the grocery store, her small son pulled out the box of animal crackers he had begged for, then he spread the animal-shaped crackers all over the kitchen counter. "What are you doing?" his mom asked. "The box says you can't eat them if the seal is broken," the boy explained. "I'm looking for the seal."

This scoutmaster and his wife were driving along a rural highway, when they found the road blocked by a herd of cows that had escaped through a broken fence. The scoutmaster tried honking his horn to scare the cattle from the pavement, but to no avail. For some reason, no sound was heard. He got out of the car, lifted the hood, and saw the problem, a loose wire, which he quickly fixed. As he got back into the car, his wife asked him if he'd had any luck. "Yep", he replied. "Beep repaired!"

1.STAN.gif