Are I have to use trema-shark or wireshark only is enough ?

koka.2...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 12:45:39 PM1/25/16
to trema-dev
Hi every one

I use trema for implemented some routing algorithm

and my question: it is possible to use only wireshark or I have to use both trema-shark and wireshark.

Regards
Alaa

Mahmoud Sayed

May 10, 2016, 3:28:22 PM5/10/16
to trema-dev
I worked in Trema with a virtual machine containing mininet. In that configuration, I just needed wireshark.

jo jaafar

Dec 22, 2016, 1:53:09 PM12/22/16
to trema-dev
Im not sure what do you mean. However, one thing you have to know.. Tremashark or Wireshark. Only work under OFP 1.0 and it is deployable in previous or old version of linux distros.
The same level of ubuntu 12.4.

Besides that, you have to be selective on usage ruby, gem and bundler version. If you installed latest version, it will result the tremashark unable to work properly. Which i found it amusing it didn't work. But after asking and reading the notes (in japanese). I believe theres away, but its not proven yet. After all, most repos from the developer didn't updates (on most main categories).

After all, the developer are no longer update frequently or like it use to be.

Regards.

jo jaafar

Dec 22, 2016, 1:57:20 PM12/22/16
to trema-dev
Hi.
Tremashark or wireshark is actually the same thing. The tremashark is an installed wireshark with plugin or OFP protocol.

Views:-

Tremashark : Running from inside

Wireshark : Running from outside