how can i build a pure c trema?

林林侯

May 12, 2014, 10:54:32 PM5/12/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com
I want to use trema in a embeded environment, so ruby is not desired.
I just want a pure c trema, and I can develop new app on it.
Is there any way to do that?

CHIBA Yasunobu

May 15, 2014, 3:09:14 AM5/15/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

C language part of Trema is completely independent from Ruby. You can
implement OpenFlow controller without Ruby. Please refer to examples
in src/examples.

Only things you may need to consider are:

1. Build framework
Rake is used as a build tool for Trema. If you want to build your
application without Ruby, you may need to use Make or other build
tool.

2. `trema' command
`trema' command is a launcher script to run necessary core modules of
Trema and your application. Since the command is written in Ruby, you
may need to write a script by yourself to run necessary processes.
Please refer to ruby/trema/dsl/runner.rb for understanding how to run
processes.

Regards,
CHIBA Yasunobu

Yasunobu Chiba

Sadiq Yakasai

Oct 25, 2014, 9:56:50 AM10/25/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com, ya...@dsl.gr.jp
Hello Yasunobu-san,

I am also trying to develop a pure C application from scratch on trema but having a few niggling issues starting.

My requirements are not the same as the above (I dont mind having ruby still in there) but my application is a purely C application.

My question is do we have a step by step guide on how to create a new application (from scratch) onto Trema? Also, whats the best way to compile (or modify Trema compilation scripts) such a new application please?

Thanks in advance.

Sadiq