Receiving many packet_in

Mahmoud Sayed

Aug 11, 2014, 11:24:24 AM8/11/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just want to ask about the default switch behavior in Mininet if it have some default (or hidden) rules that are installed by default. Actually, I'm working on OVSSwitch and my controller now is not doing any thing in packet_in handler. So I'm not doing any installation to any flow rules and/or re-routing to packets. My network is so simple now as follows.

h1 --- s1 ---- s3 ---- s2 --- h2

When I run this network using Mininet and do a ping from h1 to h2, and the trema controller is working in the meanwhile. I'm receiving too many packet_in. I expect that I only receive packet_in from s1 and s2, but I'm receiving also from s3 which is not connected to any hosts.

So are there any explanations for this problem, or I'm doing any thing wrong ?

Thanks,