DOT: A Distributed OpenFlow Testbed

faizu...@gmail.com

May 27, 2014, 12:21:59 PM5/27/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com

Dear Trema fellows,

We would like to announce the availability of DOT, a Distributed OpenFlow Testbed that can emulate large scale SDNs (http://dothub.org/).

DOT distributes the emulated network across several physical machines to provide guaranteed CPU time, bandwidth, and network latency for the emulated components (i.e., switches, hosts, and links). It scales with the network size and traffic volume. It also has built-in support for configuring and monitoring the emulated components from a central point. DOT is an outcome of an ongoing research project of the WatSDN research group at the University of Waterloo.

Check out our presentation on DOT to find more details on how it works. Our NOMS 2014 paper provides further information on how we provide guaranteed performance for the emulated networks.

We welcome feedback and contributions from the SDN community!

Regards,

Faizul Bari

On behalf of the DOT development team