Trema as an external controller for mininet

Mahmoud Sayed

Jul 11, 2014, 10:43:00 AM7/11/14
to trem...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm a beginner to both of Trema and Mininet. But I want to know how to connect trema controller to work on a mininet network. Actually my setup is follows.
  1. I have one machine which has Ubuntu as a host OS. I installed an Ubuntu virtual machine (guest OS) for mininet.
  2. Trema controller is working in the host OS, and mininet is working in the guest OS.
  3. I created a host-only network in Virtual Box. It is called "vboxnet0" that has an IP = 192.168.56.1 ... In the guest OS, it has an IP = 192.168.56.101
  4. I ran the controller in the host OS with this command "sudo trema run code.rb", which it acts very similarly to a learning switch.
  5. After that, I ran a simple mininet network with this command "sudo mn --controller=remote,ip=192.168.56.1,port=6633"
In this setup, the controller doesn't print anything where it should print something when the switch is ready and/or when packet_in is received. Is there anything wrong in the setup like the IP and port ?

Thanks,
Mahmoud F. Sayed