Trellis 0.10 release

Aaron Coburn

Feb 25, 2020, 11:33:28 AM2/25/20
to trell...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I am pleased to announce the release of Trellis 0.10. This release adds support for producing Turtle output with relative IRIs (the default is still to use absolute IRIs). This release also makes some improvements to the WebAC module, especially for cases where a WebID is hosted internally, by the Trellis server itself. There is now also a mechanism for disabling memento versioning server-wide.

I would also add that we are no longer distributing RPM and DEB installation files for Trellis. The plugin that did the heavy lifting for this no longer works, and given our focus on using Docker containers, the utility of a linux-based installer seems questionable. So for the foreseeable future, the principle distribution mechanism for Trellis releases will be via Maven Central (for JAR artifacts) and DockerHub/GitHub packages (for Docker containers).

At this point, the Trellis codebase has reached a fairly high level of stability: the interfaces are stable, the core features have been implemented, and the CI/CD automation works well. So, I would like to start holding monthly chats about Trellis, welcome to everyone. These would be opportunities to discuss deployment issues, Linked Data questions or anything else related to Trellis. The first one will be next Wednesday, March 4 at 11am ET. I will plan to vary the time so that some months it works well for those in Europe and other months work for those on the U.S. West coast. As the date approaches, I will send out more details about joining the meeting.

Best regards,
Aaron