Any updates on moving word by word with Ctrl+arrow keys?

Arturo Gutierrez

Mar 2, 2021, 10:07:21 AM3/2/21
to Trelby
I've checked the group's history and the github releases, and I've found this feature referenced a few times.

Here: https://groups.google.com/g/trelby/c/fi7Zr-MRmZU/m/q9jWvpTuBAAJ
However, on the current public release (2.2) this feature is not included yet. Any news on whether it will?

Or perhaps if a new release is still far in the future, could I get some help in how I can download and install these builds that include this feature from github? (with the warning that I'm complete python illiterate)

Thanks!

Alex Elzenaar

Mar 2, 2021, 3:16:06 PM3/2/21
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Trelby is unmaintained and has been for >7 years, it is extremely unlikely that there will ever be a new release.

It looks like a third party has implemented this feature in their repository at https://github.com/Padamja/trelby/tree/ctrlnavpadamja, if you git clone that repo and follow the INSTALL file instructions it might work but note that it is a third party and so you do this at your own risk (it is not supported by the project).
--

---

Alex Elzenaar

Mar 2, 2021, 3:16:18 PM3/2/21
to Trelby

Arturo Gutierrez

Mar 2, 2021, 6:07:30 PM3/2/21
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Damn, that's a shame. It's such a nifty and fast software.

Thanks for answering!

Antonio Maccagnan

Mar 2, 2021, 9:24:33 PM3/2/21
to Trelby
An updated python3 version of Trelby coded 2.4.1 can be found at:
Linux source, RPM and Debian packages.