TRELBY PDF VS FINAL DRAFT PDF

easy...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 11:03:18 AM5/25/15
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Hi. My script is 3/4 of the way done. In Final Draft 8 it comes out to 81 pages in the PDF format, and in Trelby it comes out to 71. When marketing a script, does Trelby PDF format qualify as legit?

Thanks,

Eddie

Anil Gulecha

May 25, 2015, 11:43:25 AM5/25/15
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Um -- sure. Trelby format is correct screenplay format.

If you're worried about age count, look under settings and set the page type, and element settings to mimic final draft.

--

---

Message has been deleted

scrip...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 1:17:14 AM6/2/15
to tre...@googlegroups.com, easy...@gmail.com
That's because 54 is industry standard lines per page as per Final Draft.

By default Trelby uses 61. Because it's .5" top margin and A4 paper size

I just adjusted the top margin to 1" and changed the paper size to US LETTER

I ATTACHED THE CONFIG FILE

all you need to do load this file at the script settings>LOAD

each time you start a new script :)
Final Draft.sconf

everki...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 4:49:09 PM6/4/15
to tre...@googlegroups.com, easy...@gmail.com
Thanks for the final draft CONFIG file!! I too had been wondering why my screenplays were coming out shorter with Trelby than they were with Celtx; though admittedly I wish the shorter version was correct as I often write a bit too much.
Thanks again :)

aarond...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 6:50:53 PM3/22/19
to Trelby
Thanks!! That configuration file is really helpful.

alexander.d...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 3:34:15 PM5/7/19
to Trelby
Thank you so much!

yonatan...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2019, 1:25:22 PM8/19/19
to Trelby
I posted this as a question but I`m trying my luck and post it here as well because it seems related.
I am trying  to set the character cue indent in the Element settings to 4'' (10 characters = 1 inch so I set it to 40) but then the indent from the left margin is 4.5'' instead of 4'.
When I export to PDF its even more than that...Am I missing something?
Thanks.

limeren...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2019, 9:43:21 PM9/21/19
to Trelby