Any plans for formatting (italic, etc.) support?

r.ale...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2012, 7:29:00 AM10/14/12
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wonder whether there are plans to support italic, bold, bold italic, and underline formatting?

Thanks,

Alex Hall

Anil Gulecha

Oct 14, 2012, 12:46:25 PM10/14/12
to tre...@googlegroups.com
I do have plans on tackling this sometime. Not in the immediate future
though.. so there's no ETA.

~Anil

molly...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2016, 1:26:38 AM2/22/16
to Trelby, r.ale...@gmail.com
3 1/2 years later:

I just downloaded Trelby, and I don't see any way to italicize, underline, or bold text.

Am I overlooking something, or have these text style features still not been implemented?

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed. I wanted to switch from Celtx to Trelby because I've heard great things about it. But I do need italics, underlining, and boldfacing capabilities. If those aren't available and won't be anytime soon, I'll have to stick with Celtx.

Anil Gulecha

Feb 22, 2016, 3:39:36 AM2/22/16
to tre...@googlegroups.com, r.ale...@gmail.com
You're welcome to implement the feature. If celtx fills your needs you can continue using it.

--

---

molly...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2016, 3:48:08 PM2/22/16
to Trelby, r.ale...@gmail.com
Nothing like a "go to hell" attitude to promote your software. And by the way, not all of us are programmers. Some of us are just aspiring writers who don't have $200 to spare for Final Draft. I thought that's what projects like this were all about -- to even the playing field, so people who aren't rich can have a shot at making their dreams come true.

If I make it, I guess I'll be thanking Celtx, not Trelby.

Osku Salerma

Feb 22, 2016, 3:56:04 PM2/22/16
to tre...@googlegroups.com, r.ale...@gmail.com
So we, who have already sacrificed thousands of hours of our personal time developing Trelby to its current state, should sacrifice hundreds of hours more just to please you? For free? Neglect our jobs, our families, our friends?

I'm sorry I'm not your personal slave you can command to do whatever you wish done.

--

---

Osku Salerma

r.ale...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 1:41:06 AM2/23/16
to Trelby, r.ale...@gmail.com
Osku: sarcasm and unkindness never profits anyone.

Molly: If someone else expends effort to code you something free that happens to work for you, you're lucky, and otherwise, you're out of luck.

I've developed a customization for a LibreOffice writer extension that offers industry-standard screenplay formatting, with a bit of learning.*

Source code: https://github.com/r-alex-hall/FountainLibreOfficeTools

Part of why I coded it is that I didn't get what I hoped for from the Trelby program ;) though I am impressed with Trelby.

Alex Hall
http://earthbound.io/blog

Dzof

Feb 24, 2016, 2:08:07 AM2/24/16
to Trelby
Agreed, it would be nice to have some formating support. Until then, we'll just have to make do with manual markup for *italicizing*, _underlining_ and **bolding**...

BTW, for a cheaper alternative to Final Draft, apart from Trelby and Celtx, you should consider Fade In (http://www.fadeinpro.com).

The demo is fully functional and free (it has nag screens and "watermarked" printing), and if you should choose to buy it, it's about USD 50. ALSO (more impressively), the author responds quickly in person if you write with a suggestion/complaint.

And, yes, you can do formatting.