Changing dictionaries.

msze...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2013, 11:18:09 AM1/11/13
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Hello from Buenos Aires, Argentina!
First of all, let me tell you what a great surprise was to find Trelby (it's the kind of KISS software I was hoping to find). I've just started a summer screenwriting course.
I'm from Argentina and, obviously, the first feature I would like to add is the availability to change dictionaries :)

I've had some experience working with wxwidgets in C++. What are you using as a spellchecker? Hunspell? Aspell?
I'd like to contribute with adding this option as a way of helping this excelent software.

Best regards
Matias

Anil Gulecha

Jan 11, 2013, 12:02:46 PM1/11/13
to tre...@googlegroups.com
Trelby is written in Python (using the python bindings for wxWidgets).

Someone made an unofficial packager for dictionalries.. but right now
you can only change the dictionary manually. It would be a welcome
addition if you can add the feature into trelby. Note that the words
in the dictionary are limited to Latin- character set.

You can lookup the relevant issue in the issue tracker for more info,
and link to the unofficial tool.

~Anil

tintwotin

Jan 18, 2013, 5:24:12 PM1/18/13
to tre...@googlegroups.com
I was the one coding that conversion tool. In the zip there are several languages allready in a Trelby friendly format and a how-to .txt file. It is a very long time ago I made this tool and uploaded the converted dics. I hope one day it will be considered useful with spell checking in Trelby in other languages than English. ;-)

mbla...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2019, 6:21:37 AM6/19/19
to Trelby
We're can I download the dictionary zip file?