Option to use trekarta without gps (or with a broken gps)

leo notis

Feb 13, 2020, 6:43:08 PM2/13/20
to Trekarta
Hello,

I use replicant instead of android, and thus have no free driver for the gps (and don't want to install proprietary drivers). Thus, the gps doesn't work.

Almost all mapping software doesn't work without gps (the only one I found is Zanavi, which can use offline maps, but there are bugs). They crash, have bugs, etc…

I ask here if it's not possible to create an option for people who have no gps on their phone (broken, not working, etc…). To use your program without seeing it crash every time I try to open it.

I don't want to use proprietary drivers, non-free online services, etc… on my phone. (my computer with archlinux does that regurlarly, I prefer to have a phone with more security, and more ethical).