nil result with no failure_reason?

John Tuttle

Sep 15, 2020, 5:50:55 PM9/15/20
to Treetop Development
Hi there. I used treetop to create a grammar for validating the keep-a-changelog standard called parse-a-changelog (https://github.com/cyberark/parse-a-changelog). I'm having a bit of trouble handling the case where there's no newline at the end of the file and it's difficult to debug the issue because I'm getting a nil parse result with no failure_reason set.

What does it mean when the failure_reason is blank? I see failure_line and failure_column are correctly set to the last line but the lack of reason makes me think something is amiss.

Thanks!