Strange behaviour on Esc key - Windows 10 - Version Oct 23 2019

Deltrion Ways

May 2, 2020, 10:55:26 AM5/2/20
to TreeSheets
Hello,

I just worked through the tutorial and wondered, when entering some text - then I found out the following:

1. Select a frame line to insert a cell or move to an emty cell with the keyboard
2. start typing
3. press ESC
4. will delete only the last word entered (and even not an inserted cell)

If the cell contains text:
1. press ENTER (why does this select the text?)
2. start typing (only a single word - deleting the previous content, because it was selected)
3. press ESC
4. Restores the previous content (like I would expect)

But if you type more than a word on step 2, then in step 4 you will get the new content except the last word, but not the previous content.

I'd assume it should not work like this?

Regards
D.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

May 2, 2020, 11:04:06 AM5/2/20
to trees...@googlegroups.com
Escape simply does 1 undo step. Undo combines single character undoes into "words" to not make undo too tedious.

I guess you're proposing it should instead undo however many steps until the last time you went into edit mode on a cell?

As for ENTER selecting all.. that is simply the action that allows the most possible actions. You can now replace all, or insert at beginning or end are all easy. If instead I put the cursor at the end only 1 of those 3 would be easy. Wanting to replace all is pretty frequent.