New user questions

Dale

Mar 10, 2021, 8:35:20 PM3/10/21
to TreeSheets
Rediscovering Treesheets.   Have always loved the concept and feel of the Program.  I ahve some questions and I am also wondering if there is manual that covers more , including the scripting?

Onto my questions:

How large do people's TreeSheets get before becoming unstable?

Is anyone using Treesheets to publish their notes online via the export HTML? I would love to see an example.

When exporting, to html, does treesheets not include inserted  images?

It is possible to drag a hyperlink or url from a browser to an excel and libre calcl spreadsheet, by just right clicking and dragging it. and then dropping it.   I am curious if it is possible to do the same with Treenotes?  I am not sure if there is a combination hotkey that needs to be pressed.  I have only been able to copy and past.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Mar 10, 2021, 9:30:21 PM3/10/21
to trees...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 5:35 PM Dale <betwix...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rediscovering Treesheets.   Have always loved the concept and feel of the Program.

Thanks!

I ahve some questions and I am also wondering if there is manual that covers more , including the scripting?

The only documentation is the included treesheets tutorial file.

Onto my questions:

How large do people's TreeSheets get before becoming unstable?

It should scale really well :)
I have one file that has the equivalent of 200 pages of text, it's about >1MB on disk (TS files are highly compressed), and working with it on Win10 is fast.

It should never be unstable. If you find something that is clearly slower than it should be let me know.

Is anyone using Treesheets to publish their notes online via the export HTML? I would love to see an example.

Not me. I mostly use it to auto-export to be able to view it on my phone.

When exporting, to html, does treesheets not include inserted  images?

It doesn't.

It is possible to drag a hyperlink or url from a browser to an excel and libre calcl spreadsheet, by just right clicking and dragging it. and then dropping it.   I am curious if it is possible to do the same with Treenotes?  I am not sure if there is a combination hotkey that needs to be pressed.  I have only been able to copy and past.

TreeSheets does support drag and drop, but it must recognize the format. I'm guessing the url is not.. text?

Dale

Apr 23, 2021, 3:57:36 PM4/23/21
to TreeSheets

I know it has been a while, but I wanted to thank you for replies.