TREC RF 2009 topics available.

Chris Buckley

May 28, 2009, 7:25:14 PM5/28/09
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to a major effort by Ian Soboroff, we now have this year's
50 relevance feedback topics available from NIST.

http://trec.nist.gov/act_part/tracks/relfdbk/rf09.topics.queries-only

Let us know if you have any problem getting them. Remember
that you need to have signed up for TREC itself to access
controlled areas of the TREC website (and to participate
in the TREC RF track.)

Chris

Stephen Robertson

Jun 11, 2009, 10:25:15 AM6/11/09
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

This year, we might even manage to take part in the RF track! Hoping to submit something for the first phase.

A question arising: there is a group at a Microsoft lab in Cairo who have also registered separately. In the event we are likely to be working together to some extent, although investigating different questions. Would you have any objection to us nevertheless making two separate submissions in the first phase? (I don't want to abuse my position as one of the co-ordinators.)

Steve

Stephen Robertson

Jun 11, 2009, 5:33:39 PM6/11/09
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, I didn't actually mean to send this to the mailing list :-(