TREC Relevance Feedback Deadline is August 23. Submission details.

Chris

Aug 11, 2010, 7:57:15 AM8/11/10
to TREC-Relfeed
Given the lack of details about submission procedures, the Relevance
Feedback track deadline has been extended a week and a half to
Monday, August 23.

This year's main task is single document RF on 5 different single
documents per topic (plus a base case run). There is an optional
task to perform RF on an additional set of 5 documents (to
explore RF on spam documents), and an optional task to predict
the relative performance of the original 5 documents.

Submissions: The submission system is up and running at NIST at
http://ir.nist.gov/trecsubmit/relfdbk.html
The naming scheme for the run file submissions is described in
the Guidelines (the names are required so we can keep the track
of the input RF document used with each topic/run).

You should use the check_input script before submitting a run; it will
catch many common submission input format errors. A link to it
should be posted later today to the NIST TREC website, under "Tools"
in the Active Participants section:
http://trec.nist.gov/act_part/tools.html

Please post any other submission questions you have - others will
probably encounter the same issues that you have!

Chris

Ian Soboroff

Aug 11, 2010, 2:34:35 PM8/11/10
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Chris <chrisa....@gmail.com> writes:

> You should use the check_input script before submitting a run; it will
> catch many common submission input format errors. A link to it
> should be posted later today to the NIST TREC website, under "Tools"
> in the Active Participants section:
> http://trec.nist.gov/act_part/tools.html

This has been posted.
Ian