TREC RF results?

Edgar Meij

Jan 19, 2011, 3:30:17 AM1/19/11
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's been awfully quiet on this mailing list. The TREC Proceedings papers are due in two weeks time and I was wondering what the latest news is. Can we expect at least some kind of results for the TREC RF track?

Thanks,

Edgar

--
Informatics Institute - University of Amsterdam
Science Park 904 - room C3.248

Matt Lease

Feb 1, 2011, 11:17:38 PM2/1/11
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the organizers, I apologize for both the delay in
responding, as well as the very limited amount of information we are
still able to provide to track participants. The short explanation is we
have continued to run into various problems that have plagued our
assessment work. As I was primarily responsible for this portion of the
track organization, I offer my sincere apologies.

Attached to this email is what little we have to offer at present --
partial judgments from turk with no analysis of the participant systems.
While we have done some such analysis, thus far it has proved
inconclusive and not worth sharing. This is likely due to a combination
of having only incomplete judgments, as well as the quality of the
judgments we have obtained thus far. This is not much, but is what we
can provide at present.

I cannot make any guarantees at this time as to when we might have
additional results, though we take it seriously that we have not been
able to provide this as of yet. We've had a bit of a perfect storm in
issues that have arisen behind the scenes, but we are still hopeful we
can complete the judging and improve its quality for a meaningful
comparison of participant systems, and we appreciate your continuing
patience with us.

best,
matt lease

release-020111.tar.bz2